As you are aware, we are committed to ensuring the highest quality armors to our customers and over the last two weeks, we have been rigorously testing our War Machine prototypes. This allows us not only to confirm what is working through rigorous quality control, but also to identify how the suits can be improved through continuous use and testing. With this in mind, we have been able to identify a number of improvements that will significantly improve the overall performance and wearability of the armor.
Reengineered Shoulder Structure - we have rebuilt the shoulder packs using fiberglass to provide solid yet light weight structure support for the whole chest armor and ex-wife missile structure and M134 mini–gun structure. We want to ensure that the supporting structure is effective in deploying you arsenal, when and where you need it!
Relocation and Configuration of Electro-Mechanical Unit – we have reworked the electro-mechanical layout of the suit to allow for a more comfortable wearing experience.
Finishes and Aesthetics – we have adjusted the paint color and surface treatment protocol to make the overall look and feel of the War Machine suit more like that in the movie.
Measurement Charts – to ensure that you get the best fit for this suit, we have redeveloped our measurement system.
A picture of the new, reconfigured suit will be available for viewing this week on our website. This will include updated photos and videos. We anticipate being production ready by March 15, 2015. While we recognize that people are anxious to receive their War Machine armor, our delays in production are because we are committed to ensure that you get your money’s worth out of this advanced suit and that we exceed your expectations!
As we work towards finalized design for our newest addition to the Iron Man product line, War Machine suit, we are pleased to announce the progress of some of the advanced options available to our buyers. Activated through the use of our new, state of the art Finger gesture control, these new add-ons will perform a set of actions just as that in the movie IRON MAN 2.
Strong, yet light weight, these advanced add-ons are framed using aluminum substructures that easily attached or detached from the suit itself. This allows the systems to be removed when it is not needed or when routine maintenance is required. In addition to the Arduino technology that runs it, each add-on will have its own independent power supply to ensure that your system is ready when you need it!
Prototype of the back flying stabilizer wing flaps for Carbon Dioxide (CO2) powered propulsion simulators
The propulsion simulators will be housed in the back of the armor and hidden beneath the wing flaps. Once activated, the wing flaps will open, exposing the CO2 propulsion system that will emit short bursts of visible CO2.
The video below demonstrates the basic opening and closing mechanism of the propulsion simulators. Clench twice to get ready and click button once to trigger. Long press button to deactivate.
Prototype of the Ex-wife missile launch structure
The Ex-wife will be housed in the center of an elaborate supporting structure in the right shoulder packs. Once activated, the supporting structure will perform a 3-step launch sequence before the Ex-wife missile is ready to fire. Clench once to get ready and click button once to trigger. Long press button to deactivate.
The video below demonstrates the 3-step opening and closing mechanism of the Ex-wife missile supporting structure.
Ready! Aim! Fire!
The model in the video below is wearing a Mark 2 helmet prototype to demonstrate the head-driven target tracking system for the wearable War Machine suit for M134 Mini-gun.
Please see below for photos of our prototype fibreglass wearable War Machine helmet. We will, of course, install the eye lighting systems and servos to enable the automatic open/close of the face plate.
Our War Machine Wearable helmet has an enhanced, multilayer fibreglass structure that utilizes:
- Multiple Paint Layers (protection paint, color paint, primer paint)
- Surface layer
- Support fiberglass layer
- Rigid fiberglass layer
- Interior fiberglass layer
- Soft contact layer
prototype of the fiberglass wearable war machine helmet front view
prototype of the fiberglass wearable war machine helmet angle view
prototype of the fiberglass wearable war machine helmet top view
prototype of the fiberglass wearable war machine helmet 360 degree view
In the last post we released the general price range of the wearable War Machine suit costume. Here are the details of the additional add-ons:
The base price contains no add-ons.
2,899 USD instant saving 304 USD
The Essential Package of the wearable War Machine suit contains following add-ons.
- Basic War Machine Suit, 2,399 USD
- Motorized face plate and eye lights (glow red), 129 USD
- Chest Arc Reactor, 79 USD
- Blue lights under the chest armor, 19 USD
- Hand lights, 29 USD
- M134 mini-gun basic version (static gun position, gun-barrels rotation), 399 USD
- Static forearm machine gun (both arms), 149 USD
- Stable basic controls, free
If you buy following advanced add-on(s) and spend over 199 USD, you will get free finger gesture control gloves. If you buy following advanced add-on(s) and spend over 499 USD, you will get free voice control module AND free finger gesture control gloves.
- Upgrade to Hand Repulsors with sound effect, +169 USD
- Upgrade to M134 mini-gun premium version, +699 USD
- Ex-wife Missile, 499 USD
- Carbon Dioxide (CO2) back jet pack ,motorized back wing flaps and CO2 powered propulsion simulators 999 USD, only motorized back wing flaps 289 USD
- Upgrade to motorized forearm machine gun, both forearms +269 USD, left/right forearm +149 USD
- Shoes bottom lights, 99 USD
- Voice changer, 199 USD
- Multitasking finger gesture control, 189 USD
- Direct voice control, 199 USD
- Bodysuit (morph suit), scarlet red/silver/black 40 USD
- High-increasing shoe lifts, full insole 15 USD, half insole 10 USD
We are now taking pre-orders for the Wearable War Machine Suit. The earlier you pre-order, the larger the discount you will receive!
This is pretty exciting for all of us because this is the most advanced Iron Man suit we have ever built. We will keep posting updates on our development progress until we officially release the suit on February 18th, 2015.
8 Things you need to know before you pre-order the Ultra-Realistic Wearable War Machine Suit Costume
What features will the wearable War Machine suit have exactly?
Fibreglass helmet - Ultra-realistic in its presentation and detail.
95% ABS engineering plastic coated surface - This unique feature makes the wearable War Machine suit significantly stronger than ABS alone and gives the suit a tough look and feel.
Auto-adjustable articulated joints for bendable belly & crotch, hip joints, knee joints, elbow joints - These articulated mechanisms and flexible structures connect almost all the armor pieces together and can help to make the suit react significantly better and faster with your movement along with the wearing system.
Retractable M134 mini-gun (Advanced Version) - The iconic M134 mini-gun is retracted in the back by default. When activated it will point to the direction you are looking by taking advantage of the 2 dimensional direction control mechanism and position sensor installed in the helmet. Two rotation limiter will prevent the min-gun from colliding with your helmet.
M134 mini-gun (Basic Version) - This simplified version does not have the 2 dimensional direction control mechanism so the mini-gun cannot retracted or move with your head.
Ex-Wife Missile - We designed a 3-step open and close mechanism for the famous Ex-Wife Missile. After you 'fire' the missile, the front cover of the shoulder weapon compartment will open first then the top cover will lift up to give enough room for the missile supporting structure to lift up and point forward. Finally, the missile will move forward to simulate the launch effect. The deactivation process proceeds in reverse sequence.
Cannons on the forearm - When activated, the cannon gun head will continuously move forward and backward to simulate recoil effect during continuous firing.
Laser plasma on the forearm - When activated, the rectangular protector on the forearm will open and then the laser plasma will lift and activate a 10mW red laser.
Voice changer - With this feature you can now talk in metallic voice.
Other basic add-ons - The wearable War Machine suit is compatible to all the base add-ons, including motorized face plate, eye lights, chest light, arc reactor cover, hand lights/ repulsors with sound effect. One difference is the eye lights and chest lights of the War Machine suit can grow red just like that in the movie.
Finger gesture control - This powerful control allows you to have instant access to a certain single weapon or multiple weapons simultaneously.
How much is the price, advance deposit and discount?
- base price, 2,399 USD.
- price of add-ons & accessories, around 3,000 USD for top configuration.
- oversize fee, depends on your measurement, around 100 USD in most cases.
- shipping fee, around 300 USD, depending on your country.
advance deposit, 2,000 USD
Initial Discount, 500 USD, will decrease with time.
The amount you need to pay equals the total price minus the advance deposit and the discount.
Why should I place my pre-order earlier?
If you place pre-order now you will get a larger discount.
When will you start to produce my War Machine suit?
The official release date of the wearable War Machine suit is February 18th, 2015. We will then notify you to pay the due amount. And once you pay in full our website will automatically calculate the expected shipping date.
It will take about 30-40 working days to build a wearable War Machine suit depending on how many add-ons you required. We will send you photo status report every week until we finish it.
Can I cancel my pre-order anytime and get full refund of my advance deposit?
You can cancel your pre-order anytime before we start to produce your War Machine suit. Once you confirm the cancellation we will refund your full deposit within 1 working day.
How long should I wait after you ship the suit?
After we get everything ready we will use DHL or FedEx ?air express to ship your War Machine suit. It usually takes the carrier about 3 working days to deliver the wood boxes to your shipping address. We will send you the tracking number after the carrier pick up your wood boxes.
We have finished the torso part of the wearable War Machine suit costume and designed an aluminum alloy supporting framework for the direction control mechanism and the main body of the 6 gun-barrels. The aluminum supporting base are mounted to the back armor by four M5*14 screws and a balance structure. The mini-gun can be installed to or removed from the supporting base within 10 seconds with a motor screw-driver. The weight of the entire mini gun and the supporting structure will be around 1 kilogram.
The decoration layer of the M134 Mini-gun was not shown in the photos.
What's coming next
In the next post we will show you the entire finished prototype wearable War Machine suit costume along with some of the finished add-ons.
We will start to take preorder this week. There will be discount for pre-orders. The earlier you place your pre-order the more discount you will get. Get prepared!
Official release date
It seems the official release date of the wearable War Machine suit will be delayed one or two weeks but we will manage to ship the first suit by the end of January 2015.
Let's examine some of the exciting features under-development for our wearable War Machine suit!
Prototype of the M134 mini-gun
We designed a 2 dimensional rotation platform for the iconic M134 mini-gun mounted on the shoulder back of the War Machine suit. The direction of the mini-gun is controlled by the turning of your head, or more simply, it points to the direction you are looking at. However, the mini-gun does have a rotation range limit -- about 45 degree up and 45 degree horizontal from left to right without running into your head. And the shooting, rotating of the six barrels, is controlled by your voice command or your finger gesture.
In this video only one dimension of the platform rotation and the 6 barrels rotation was shown.
Prototype of the Ex-Wife Missile
We designed a 3-step open and close mechanism for the War Machine suit's famous Ex-Wife Missile developed by the Hammer Industry. The front cover of the shoulder weapon compartment opens then the top cover of the Ex-Wife Missile lifts up to give enough room for the supporting structure of the missile lift forward.
In this video we did not installed the missile on its supporting structure but you can clearly see all the open and close sequences.
Prototype of the articulated bendable waist & crotch armor
As we have mentioned in our recent post 'Road Map Before the End of 2014', 95% surface of the War Machine suit will be covered by ABS. We designed articulated structure for each segment of the waist and crotch armor so you can do almost all the natural movement your waist or crotch can do -- bend forward or backward or to left or to right or rotate.
In this video we shown all the simulated movement your waist or crotch can do and we make these movements fast to show the structure's reaction and reliability.
- Do you ship to my country?
- How long should I wait for the suit's arrival after I pay my order?
- How do you ship my Iron Man costume suit?
- Will you send me photo status reports after I order my Iron Man suit?
- How to measure your Height?
- How to measure your Weight?
- How to measure your Head Breadth?
- How to measure your Neck circumference?
- How to measure your Chest Circumference?
- How to measure your Waist Circumference?
- How to measure your Hip Circumference?
- How to measure your Thigh Circumference?
- How to measure your Calf Circumference?
- How to measure your Axillary Arm Circumference?
- How to measure your Finger length?
- How to measure your Finger width?
- How to measure your Palm width?
- Shoes Size Chart.
- Helmet Eye Lights and Motorized Face Plate Open-Close System.
- Hand LED lights v.s. Hand Repulsor with sound effect.
- Chest LED Light & Arc Reactor Cover & Blue LED Lights below chest armor.
- Back Wing Flaps & Forearm Armor Piercing Bullets Plate & Hand Protector Laser Gun.
- What kind of material we are using to make your Iron Man costume suits?
- How durable is the suit and how to maintenance the Iron Man suit?
- What is the weight of the Iron Man costume suit?
- Is the Iron Man suit easy to wear?
- Can I sit, walk and run and jump in the suit?
- The Iron Man Mark 42 armor suit I bought was an absolute success. I wore it to a local convention and received a million requests to take pictures with many people who were likewise impressed with the workmanship. I am so pleased I am buying another!
- - R. Mislan
- Thanks James! I am so happy with the quality of the Iron Man Suit Mark 6! I highly recommend this to anyone looking for the most realistic suit. Fantastic customer service and fair pricing!
- - Ed Pietrzak
- You did an awesome job with the Iron Man suit. Everything came out perfect. Great job thanks!
- - Ines Chaieb
- Thanks again and best regards... The Iron Man suit was a great "hit" at my Company party... I am definitely a satisfied customer!
- - David Youngdahi
- Hi James, received the Mark 6 suit, looks awesome! Thanks!
- - Eric Dale
- Holy crap dude. Just received the Iron Man suit!! It looks amazing. Awesome job. Today is the best day of my life.
- - ?????